About Me

My photo
Lena Townsend is a Registered Metaphysical Practitioner (RMP) with the World Metaphysical Association (WMA). Lena also serves as a Membership Coordinator on the WMA Executive Board of Directors. She is a Certified Tarot Master and has been reading Tarot for over ten years. Lena is a Certified Usui Reiki Master Teacher and an Ordained Minister. You may also find Lena writing as the Topeka Psychic Examiner on Examiner.com or working on various projects relating to her many intrests.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Solo Flight

Photo by: Daisy Nelson, Photos By Daisy
In the mist the sound of silence surrounds me. My face and hair are damp and cool. I cannot see what is right before my eyes so I close them and allow my thoughts to take over. Visions of the earth, as if I were gliding above, fill my mind.

Soaring on the wind I see all is before me. No longer am I blind to the images of nature. I can see the tree standing erect along the river, its vines entangled within its branches. Wet moss dangles from the limbs and drips like a waterfall to the ground. Like an umbrella it shelters all that sits beneath it from the cold damp rains of the forest.

The water flows freely along the banks of the river, so smooth, yet so deep. Tall grasses line the side of the river for a short distance and beyond the grass there sit’s a meadow in quiet. It is peaceful and undisturbed by human touch. Flowers of purple and white are intermingled with tall grass and all is soaked from the mist.

As my flight continues the smell of the mist fills me and the air I breathe is clean. I see a bluff ahead and the moss covered rocks that stand tall before me. A small opening in the middle leaves wonder as to what may be hiding within, Only darkness can be seen from my view yet I feel drawn to explore it further.

Upon entering the darkness of this cavern I see the nest of some family of critters that chose to hide within the shelter of stone walls; protected from the elements of wind, rain, and snow. While gliding carefully through the cave and into the depths I discover an clearing filled with light from above and within it a small pool of clear water. Surrounding it are plants of green and red some with blossoming flowers of white. Beautiful stones rest all around and above is an opening to the sky.

Climbing higher in my flight I seek to find the clouds and be free of the darkness that is behind me. Higher and higher I climb knowing that the only lighted way out is forward and in this light I will find the adventures I seek.

Bursting with energy I escape the small crevice that penetrates the earth and there, all around me, is grass. To my right I see a set of large boulders on the edge of a cliff that over looks the river where the opening to the cave began. Though I took time to explore this new path and enjoy its many gifts I have not lost my way.

Floating on a breeze I see the sun peek through the clouds. Beams of sunlight bathe the ground below and the mist stops as if the suns rays evaporated every drop from the sky. Below the ground remains wet and the colors glisten in the sunlight reminding me of a freshly painted canvas. Breathtaking beauty is slowly engulfed by the natural rays of the sun as the clouds drift into the distance.

I can see further than I have ever seen as the land stretches out from horizon to horizon. Wooded forests and meadows lend to the harmony and balance of the seen. Waterfalls and tiny streams filled with natures abundance are visited by deer and raccoons. Rabbits hop freely in and out of tall grass and small bushes along the edge of the forest and an eagle takes flight right before my eyes.

Suddenly a song is in the air and its tune is the sweetest melody I’ve ever heard. I know I must return, that now my eyes can see, but will I appreciate all that I have learned? Will I see with my eyes what has been seen with my soul?

Slowly I open my eyes and again I am within my body. Damp from the mist I step forward in the sun. I allow the warmth of its rays to engulf me as I stand on the muddy path that is before me. I look around and see the colors that I remember from my journey.

I see the light that is provided and the gifts that nature has in store for me. I feel the peace and harmony of nature surround me and cradle me like a child. I am safe and I am unafraid. I make my destiny as I choose the road I am on and I know that when darkness penetrates my soul I can again be free within the light.

I lift my head and trudge onward; confident, strong, and alive knowing I am a part of all that surrounds me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Winter Sunrise

Winter Sunrise
Photo by Paul Rockers

Winter Sunset

Winter Sunset